Time flows inexorably and now the man is retiring, becoming a grandfather, nursing his grandchildren. . . Does that mean you can put an end to your private life already? Even 60-100 years ago, an unequivocal answer to this question could be given - yes. However, medicine does not stand still, and modern man ages much more slowly than his ancestors.
Sexual life after 60 years: characteristics
Men over 60 should not ignore sexual intimacy and be afraid of it. At this age, the nature of the relationship with the other half changes somewhat. Passion and youthful ardor replace a caring and attentive attitude towards the spouse, sex life becomes balanced and harmonious, but it must be regular.
However, by the age of 60, the body is significantreduces the production of the male sex hormone testosterone, without which a complete erection is impossible. A decrease in testosterone in a man's blood occurs after 35-40 years, and by maturity it is halved, however, despite this, attraction to the opposite sex remains at a high level.
It is unrealistic to avoid erectile dysfunction with age, but it is quite possible to delay it. Here, too, there is no need to change anything drastically, and even, on the contrary, it is important to maintain the usual way of life, including sexual relations. Do not exhaust yourself, do not have sex too actively, trying to prove to yourself and your partner that you are still capable of a lot. Walk more often in the fresh air, but not in an old man's way, but combining walking with active physical activity.
Why does erectile function decrease?
A decrease in potency can occur under the influence of the following factors:
- Smoking. Nicotine negatively affects blood circulation throughout the body, including the pelvic organs, as well as the scrotum. A man's sexual function also suffers from it.
- Alcoholism. Men suffering from this disease face the problem of decreased potency long before they reach retirement age.
- drugs. Marijuana has a particularly strong negative effect on sexual function.
- Deterioration of potency occurs in men who have kidney problems and suffer frompathologies of the urinary tract.
- A sedentary, sedentary lifestyle. Nature has established a person's constant movement, and staying in one position for a long time leads to a violation of blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
- Psychological factor. Constant stressful situations negatively affect the state of the hormonal background. Frequent nervous shocks suppress sexual desire.
- Chronic fatigue and sleepiness. Constant lack of sleep reduces testosterone production.
- Male erectile function is negatively affectedcomplications of sexually transmitted diseasesand transmitted pathologies of the genital organs.
- Cardiovascular and endocrine system disorders. Blood circulation in the body depends on the proper functioning of the heart muscle, and therefore any injuries and malfunctions in the heart lead to a decrease in blood flow in the genital area. Problems with erectile function can also arise due to disorders in the work of the endocrine glands.
- Unbalanced nutrition and metabolic disorders. Excess body weight and diabetes lead to erectile problems. A monotonous diet, as well as a lack of the necessary amount of vitamins and minerals, contribute to the disorder of the entire male body, including the genital area.
Proper nutrition to increase potency
The normal functioning of the male reproductive system depends on many factors, including proper nutrition. Therefore, representatives of the stronger sex after the age of 60 should pay special attention to this issue.
First of all, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of food rich in cholesterol, because it isnegatively affects the state of the cardiovascular systemwhich in turn causes erectile problems. When creating the right diet, you must adhere to the following principles:
- Be sure to include whole grains, vegetable oils, poultry, low-fat dairy products, lean veal and fish, legumes, nuts, fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- It is necessary to limit the consumption of foods rich in salt, because this can cause an increase in blood pressure. The amount of salt consumed should not exceed 5-6 grams per day.
- If erectile function weakens by the age of 60, experts recommend that you include more seafood, onions, garlic, pomegranates and bananas in your diet.
- Eating foods rich in cholesterol should be strictly limited, but you should not completely abandon these foods. There is especially a lot of cholesterol in the kidneys, liver and fatty meat, as well as in fat and fish. Sausages, butter, sour cream, cream and chicken eggs can be present in the diet, but in limited quantities.
- It should be remembered that foods containing magnesium and calcium have a beneficial effect on the work of the heart. Therefore, to saturate the body with these trace elements, it is recommended to eat zucchini, eggplant, new potatoes, grapes and bananas.
- Include freshly squeezed juices, herbal or green tea in your diet, replacing sweet juice, strong tea and coffee with these drinks.
- Alcohol is allowed, but in small quantities. It is better to completely refuse strong alcoholic drinks.
Restoring male potency after 60 years is facilitated not only by proper diet and nutrition, but also by gentle physical activity.
How to restore potency through physical activity?
In order to stay in excellent physical shape, men over 60 years of age must do sports, but only moderately, with constant monitoring of heart rate and blood pressure. When choosing exercises, you should take into account the fact that by the age of 60, a man is usually already burdened with chronic diseases and more than one, and this affects the determination of the intensity of physical activity.
Moderate, but regular physical training helps to lower blood cholesterol and increase potency. It is best to avoid serious sports activities at this age. You should not engage in intense running, and you should also exclude strength training on simulators.
After 60 years, it will be useful for a person to do morning exercises, walking, swimming and yoga.
Exercises to restore potency after 60 years
Can a man's erectile function be improved by exercise? As practice shows, it is quite realistic. Among the many types of different exercises aimed at increasing potency, experts distinguish the following exercises that are suitable for men of mature age:
- Exercises for pelvic muscles. Such classes are universal and suitable for both men and women. To perform the exercise, men should stop the process of urination when going to the toilet, then strain and then forcefully relax the muscles. Repeat 30-50 times in one go. Exercises should be done a maximum of three times a day.
- Aerobic training. They contribute to the normalization of blood flow, which positively affects not only the erection, but also its preservation. Blood flow to the lungs and heart helps improve erectile function.
- Kundalini yoga. Such exercises help improve muscle function and increase sexual desire.
Before determining the complex of sports exercises, as well as the intensity of physical activity, you should consult your doctor.
Medical restoration of potency
Treatment of sexual disorders should be comprehensive. To restore potency, men are prescribed drugs that improve the outflow of secretions from the prostate, as well as affect blood circulation in the pelvic organs and genital area. In addition, it is necessary to take a complex of vitamins, herbal substances and minerals.
Of course, patients need such auxiliary drugs that would ensure the onset of erection at the right time. For example, they can bepharmacological agents that contain an active substance that promotes the expansion of the cavernous bodies and increases blood flow to the genitals.
There are several types of tablets that contain this substance. The most popular and sought-after drug is a highly effective drug. The effect of the drug begins within 15-25 minutes after taking and lasts for 5-6 hours. The recommended dose is 10 mg/day, however, men over 60 should reduce this dose to 5 mg/day. Read the instructions carefully: the drug has contraindications (previous stroke or myocardial infarction, genetic diseases of the retina, kidney pathology).
However, don't be upset about this. Men with a history of the above pathologies canrestore potency with an alternative drug based on affinity-purified antibodies to endothelial NO synthase. The main advantage of the drug is its absolute safety. The tool can be used by men who suffer from coronary heart disease, who have had a stroke, as well as those who are treated with nitrates. Thanks to the drug, approximately 80% of older men fully recover their erectile function. The effectiveness of the drug is determined by the age and type of existing pathologies.
But despite the fact that this method of restoring potency is safe, widely available and very effective, it has one rather serious drawback: the appearance of psychological dependence. The fact is that a person, after having already completely got rid of the problem, continues to take drugs because of the pleasant sensations that occur.
If all the tried methods did not lead to the desired result, the only way out is to perform an operation. Thanks to the surgical intervention, blood flow in the genital area improves, the penis fills with blood faster and becomes erect.
Folk ways to restore potency in men after 60 years
You can also increase potency with the help of natural remedies:
- Tinctures, teas and decoctions based on ginseng root have a positive effect on blood circulation in the pelvic organs. Such means are shown to older men with erectile dysfunction that arose against the background of hormonal disorders, as well as emotional and physical exhaustion.
- Pumpkin seeds have a medicinal effect and have a beneficial effect on men's health. This natural component helps to increase immunity, improve health in the case of pathologies of the genitourinary system and reduce the symptoms of prostate adenoma. In addition, pumpkin seeds are an excellent preventive measure for prostatitis.
- Aphrodisiacs. These natural ingredients can significantly improve your sex life. Aphrodisiacs increase libido, positively affect the quality and duration of sexual intercourse, improve sexual feelings and normalize blood flow in the genitals.
- Flower pollen can normalize the work of the reproductive system and restore male strength.
- St. John's wort tincture has a beneficial effect on a man's erectile function, as well as on the state of his nervous system. Restoration of potency is ensured by increasing sexual desire and improving the psychological state.
The health of an older man, including sexual health, depends on many factors, among which the main ones are:
- absence of disease;
- proper nutrition;
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
However, this is extremely rare, so experts are constantly working to create new methods to solve problems associated with erectile dysfunction in men after 60 years.